Welcome to the weekly Swerve Recipes Column!
This week’s post is written by Ilora B & Vivienne H
If you try these cookies, make sure to send a picture to firstname.lastname@example.org
About These Cookies
Making these cookies would be a great way to spend some fun time at home during a pandemic. They would be a great treat for your family! In terms of health, these cookies have no butter in them, so they are completely dairy-free, unless you use Milk Chocolate Chips. For the recipe, you can add any other ingredients you like to the cookies, such as cranberries, raisins, oats, etc. For the oil, you could substitute coconut oil or vegetable oil, whatever is more convenient for you. Also, decreasing the amount of sugar is totally your call. Even though there isn’t a lot of sugar in the recipe, feel free to make these cookies even healthier by cutting down the amount of sugar. But not too much, or they won’t have the proper consistency!
When we tried the cookies we had made, they were amazing! They taste so good; they are soft, chewy and delicious. Definitely give these cookies a try!
BUTTERLESS CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPE
- ¾ cup vegetable or coconut oil (whichever you have)
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- ½ white sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2½ all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 heaping cup of chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375º Fahrenheit
- In a large mixing bowl combine the oil, vanilla, eggs, sugar, and brown sugar.
- Add flour, salt, and baking soda to the mixture and mix until smooth dough forms.
- Fold chocolate chips into dough until evenly distributed
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and, using a spoon, take about 1 tbsp of dough, form it into a ball, and place onto the baking sheet. Repeat this process until dough is gone.
- Bake cookies for 9-12 minutes until lightly browned. Let them cool for at least 5 minutes.
One Reply to “Recipe: Butterless Chocolate Chip Cookies”
This looks so delicious! I hope you can follow my blog, it helps me out a lot! here’s my latest post: https://madebybernadine.wordpress.com/2020/10/18/whole-wheat-sandwich-bread/
Have a great day!