This weekend, try your hand at these yummy and spooky ghost cupcakes! This recipe was created and photographed by Ilora B and Vivienne H
Review: The Ghost Halloween cupcakes are a great treat to have during the fall and on Halloween! The cupcakes taste amazing with the frosting and they are very fluffy! These cupcakes are a great way to get ready for Halloween. If you give these amazing cupcakes a try make sure to send us a picture at email@example.com
Baking Tips: These spooky desserts are a great addition to all the treats you are going to have on Halloween! We want to give you some tips to make this recipe easier. Let’s begin with the appearance. You don’t need a piping bag to put the frosting on. You can simply use a plastic bag or you can even just put it on using a spoon! We used chocolate chips for the eyes, but you can get creative! You can use M&M’s, Skittles, or you can even dye some frosting black and pipe it on! For the frosting, you are best off not changing the amount of sugar because without enough sugar, the frosting won’t have a good consistency. These cupcakes are not dairy-free, but they are completely nut free. If you want to make these cupcakes even more chocolatey, you can add chocolate chips! Also, if you do not have lemon milk, a trick you can use is: Put ½ cup of milk in a bowl. Put 1½ teaspoons of lemon juice into the milk. Let that sit for 5 minutes, and you have lemon milk!
Ingredients for the Cupcake
- 1 cup flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup hot water
Ingredients for Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 cup cream cheese
- ½ cup (1 stick) softened butter (Make sure not melted)
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon milk
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees fahrenheit and prepare your cupcake pan with cupcakes liners.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients, including the sugar, and set aside.
- Combine the egg, buttermilk, vegetable oil and vanilla in another medium sized bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until well combined. Add the water to the batter and mix until well combined. Batter will be thin.
- Fill the cupcake liners about half way and bake for 18-23 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs.
- While the cupcakes are baking, mix the cream cheese and butter using a stand mixer or an electric mixer.
- Add the rest of the ingredients for the frosting into the mixer and mix until smooth and fluffy
- Take the cupcakes out of the oven and let them cool for at least 20 minutes. If you don’t want to wait 20 minutes, you can put them in the fridge for 5 minutes.
- Frost the cupcakes using a piping bag or you can use a regular ziploc bag. For the eyes of the ghost, get creative! You can use M&M’s, chocolate chips, Skittles, etc.
- After you are done decorating your ghostly desserts, enjoy!