This post is written by Isabella C. Send your own articles to email@example.com
Hey everyone! I know 2020 has been a crazy year, but it doesn’t mean WE still can’t enjoy ourselves! Use these 10 ideas to brighten your day, if you’re extra bored, regular bored, or even if you’re not bored at all! Thank You for reading! And I wish you a merry Christmas!:)
10: Zoom call with friends and/or family
Because of COVID-19, a lot of our big holiday plans have been messed up, and we can’t see our relatives or friends, because of this. But if you’re dying for some company, set up a zoom call to reunite with friends and/or family! It doesn’t even have to be on zoom. There are many other apps where you could call multiples! Here are some examples of apps you can use:
- Google meet
- Google hangouts
9: Decorate a Gingerbread house
There’s nothing like decorating a gingerbread house at Christmas time! With or without friends, it is still a fun tradition. You can either buy a decorating kit, or you can make one yourself. In case you need inspiration, here are some ideas:
- A house a white “snowy” roof made of icing, whit Golden Grahams as wall shingles, gumdrops for a chimney,and sour patch kids outside of the house
- A house with m&m wallings, with a roof decorated in crushed candy canes and crushed cookies, marshmallow snowmen outside, and windows made of Hershey’s chocolate.
8: Cookie decorating fun
Decorating cookies is another Christmas classic! From edible markers to colorful candy, you can decorate cookies using almost anything! Like the gingerbread house, you can get a kit for this activity, or you make cookies and decorate them yourself. Here are some supplies you might want to use:
- Piping bags
- Different colors of frosting
- Edible markers
7: Do a Christmas craft
There have been many different Christmas crafts, through the ages. But some of them are very creative and fun! Here are some options:
- Make a Christmas ornament (it can be made of popsicle sticks, pipe cleaners, PAPER, or even legos!)
- Make a paper Christmas wreath
- Make a Christmas themed plushy(this craft is best if you are familiar with sewing)
- Make a Christmas star out of popsicle sticks
6: Read a book with some hot cocoa
Sometimes, reading can be so enchanting , that it can take us out of the present and into another world! A good suggestion is that you pick out your favorite book, make yourself a cup of hot cocoa, drop in several marshmallows, and curl up somewhere comfy, and read and drink the cocoa.
5: Watch a movie with your family
Watching movies with your family is another fun thing to do when you’re on breaks. It’s best if you pick out a movie everyone wants to watch, or you might start a conflict! Here are some good Christmas movies to watch:
- Home alone
- Home alone 2
- A Christmas story
- The grinch
- The Christmas chronicles
- A Christmas carol
4: online Christmas shopping
If this was a normal year, we would be exchanging gifts at parties and all of that fun stuff. Now we can’t do that anymore, but we can still give each other presents! You can shop for presents for your friends and family online, using amazon, or any other online shopping website/app. You can either send the gift to your house, and wrap and decorate it, then mail it to them, or you can ask your online shopping source to deliver it to their door!
3: Decorate your Christmas tree
If you haven’t already done this yet, now is a good time to Do so. Here are some things you might want to use to decorate your christmas tree:
- Multicolored leds
- Ribbon streamers
- Clip ornaments (like clip on birds, flowers, etc)
- A Christmas tree topper (anything for the top of the tree, like an angel, a star, or even a bow)
Once you’re finished decorating your tree, or if you already decorated your tree, you can take a picture of your tree and send it to others, or you can even use it to make a Christmas card!
2: Make a Christmas card
Have you ever made a Christmas card? Or do you usually just buy one from the store? Right now, you have the chance to make several for others. If you need them, here are some ideas:
- Draw or paint a picture of a Christmas scene, and write what you would like to write after you finish making the drawing or the painting finishes drying.
- Make a pop up card out of cardstock or construction paper
- MAKE A BASIC FOLDED card and draw Christmas pictures inside
Alright nap lovers, here’s the part you’ve been waiting for. For this, you can just sleep or rest, and it’s okay if you want to just do that all day, because everybody needs a rest from life.